cynicalreader

Cynical Reader

Give me a happily-ever-after fairy-tale and I'll fight you every step of the way, but give me a tragic, grief-ridden story and I'll let it consume me.

Graceling - Kristin Cashore I absolutely fell in love with this book! It was amazing and totally unprecedented! I wish the author would continue this series after Bitterblue and if not write new series with this kind of uniqueness. I noticed that these books caught a lot of hell for the sexual content, but honestly I don't think it was as bad as everyone made it out to be. I feel like they are putting too much stock in the very few sexual instances rather than appreciating the book as a whole. This is an entirely different world than the one we live in and lets face it compared to what teens hear at school this is nothing. I will allow my daughter to read it when she becomes an appropriate age (16,17). Reading this book was such a refreshing escape from all the Bella/Zoey/Ever's of the book world. It's wonderfully empowering to women and I think there should be more books out there like this. I will read anything Kristin Cashore puts out there!