cynicalreader

Cynical Reader

Give me a happily-ever-after fairy-tale and I'll fight you every step of the way, but give me a tragic, grief-ridden story and I'll let it consume me.

Eve - Anna Carey It was finishable....it just wasn't a favorite of mine.

Eve really annoyed me throughout the whole book, she never really...progressed? Things were just seemed way too convenient for her. She was made out to be so perfect and it was highly annoying because she was faaaaaaar from it. She was stupid and selfish and everyone in the book sacrificed for her gain.

As for the love story....eh. I couldn't find myself to be remotely attracted to Caleb. Don't get me wrong, I liked him, he wasn't annoying or anything but the way he was described really hindered his "hotness".

I'll probably read the 2nd book. This one was a pretty easy read so I don't see the 2nd wasting too much of my time if it sucks and there is always the chance that she will somehow mature between now and then.

Arden was my favorite, the book might have been a 3-star had she been the main character.

4/4/12: The more I think about it, I probably won't be reading the 2nd. Annnnnd I will probably be taking this one off my book shelf and putting it in a garage sale. It just wasn't that great :-/ I guess I needed to read a few better ones to realize that.