cynicalreader

Cynical Reader

Give me a happily-ever-after fairy-tale and I'll fight you every step of the way, but give me a tragic, grief-ridden story and I'll let it consume me.

Halo - Alexandra Adornetto In all fairness 1 star is a little harsh considering I could not get very far in the book...but 2 stars implies I thought "it was ok" which I did not. Maybe it was ruined by all the horrible reviews I read before even starting the book, maybe it was all the mindless reading I did because I couldn't take it seriously, may it was my mood, or maybe it was that I'm not very "heavenly" and to be quite honest I like to read a little raunchy-ness in my books (I believe it makes them more real), maybe I've fallen off the deep end, idk but I was afraid if I continued to read this I'd have to roll my eyes so much that they might get stuck or strained.

To me this book just wasn't believable, the main character didn't know how to breathe or use her limbs or know what the news was but somehow she was in-tune enough with our society that she said "Anyone could see that we were different-and not in an art student's dyed-hair-and-kooky-stockings kind of way" only a page after she said "Whats news?"

I'm sorry, I just couldn't take it seriously.