cynicalreader

Cynical Reader

Give me a happily-ever-after fairy-tale and I'll fight you every step of the way, but give me a tragic, grief-ridden story and I'll let it consume me.

Dark Secrets 1: Legacy of Lies and Don't Tell - Elizabeth Chandler Not even gonna lie, I totally fell in love with the cover and then bought the book only partially knowing what it was about. I read the first story in a day and was pretty interested in it the whole time, but the next day when I start to read the second (completely different except for the town all this happens in) story, I start to feel a little deja vu. The stories were good, but they were just too much alike for me. And I get that given they are both mysteries written by the same person they are bound to be a little alike, but I just can't keep re-reading the same story line over and over unless it is just absolutely phenomenal. Well I had already bought Dark Secrets 2...so what was I to do? Yeah, it's been sitting on my shelf waiting on me to get bored one day when I have nothing else read (which never happens) ...so we'll see, hopefully when that day comes I'll be pleasantly surprised.