cynicalreader

Cynical Reader

Give me a happily-ever-after fairy-tale and I'll fight you every step of the way, but give me a tragic, grief-ridden story and I'll let it consume me.

Switched  - Amanda Hocking Wow! I'm sorry, but this one was just way too childish. I didn't get very far, but I'm still rating it 1 star because the little bit I did read was extremely torturing.

The MC? Selfish, whiny, and immature. She literally "stomped her feet" when she didn't get her way. She threw hissy fits. She was annoying.

The guy? CREEP! As a matter of fact, she referred to him several times as a sociopath. Yet she was still attracted to him.

The romance? Oh so original (sarcasm). They had an unexplainable attraction to each other despite his creepiness and her immaturity.

The writing? Horrendous! You're definitely not going to be expanding your IQ with this one. No need for a dictionary here!

I like YA, I really do. But still this one seemed a little too much "young" not enough "adult". I personally think Wendy acted like a 12 y/o not a 17 y/o. And Finn was just weird. He was constantly staring at her and was caught standing out side her upstairs window (while she was sleeping) and yet she still finds him attractive...?

Way too strange and unrealistic for me.