cynicalreader

Cynical Reader

Give me a happily-ever-after fairy-tale and I'll fight you every step of the way, but give me a tragic, grief-ridden story and I'll let it consume me.

Harbinger - Sara Wilson Etienne Okay! I can admit I'm a little crazy...some of the thoughts that go through my head: I think "If anyone (besides my bff, of course) heard these things they would probably admit me to the nearest mental institution".

But this book...this book...there were times when I had no idea where the writer was going with this or what the hell was going on or wtf...just wtf? In that way it reminded me of Bleeding Violet which you can read my review of that if you'd like to know how crazy that one drove me (I couldn't even finish it).

Let me admit: around page 260 I started skipping paragraphs because they just seemed pointless and they were making my brain hurt just reading them. Then when I had about 20 pages left I just stopped because I was so...lost?...that I didn't even care anymore. But in all fairness the book did hold my attention until then.

I see a lot of people did actually like this book, it just wasn't for me.

What a beautiful cover though...you would have looked great on my shelf =( unfortunately, I just can't keep you. I shall set you free to someone who might actually get something out of you.