cynicalreader

Cynical Reader

Give me a happily-ever-after fairy-tale and I'll fight you every step of the way, but give me a tragic, grief-ridden story and I'll let it consume me.

The Forsaken - Lisa M. Stasse It's like someone took Divergent & The Hunger Games and smushed them together to create this. You may be thinking: "that can't be too bad, right?" but yes, oh yes it can. The romance churned my stomach. They knew each other for what? a day? before confessing their inability to live with out the other. come on! This book was also incredibly predictable and nothing special. The characters & dialog were lame and corny. By the last half, I really didn't care what happened to any of them, I just wanted it to be over.

just a thought: when writing a series, isn't one of the perks being able to stretch things out? So why do the characters have to fall in love by page 5 of the first book? Why not give the reader a reason to want the characters to be together? Oh well, I'm moving on to Outpost. If the first one is any indication I know it won't smother me in sappy unrealistic love stories. We're worried about surviving here!