cynicalreader

Cynical Reader

Give me a happily-ever-after fairy-tale and I'll fight you every step of the way, but give me a tragic, grief-ridden story and I'll let it consume me.

You Knew Me When - Emily Liebert This just wasn't my cup of tea. It's very girly and shallow.

I knew how the book would end only after a few chapters, so there were no surprises. I've read this story before only with different characters and settings, I didn't feel that there was anything new here. One thing that annoyed me was all the brand-dropping (Gucci, Droid, etc...), if it would have only been a few times I wouldn't have even noticed, but there were brand names dropped in damn near every description.

Laney is spoiled, manipulative,and immature. I was expecting her to pay consequence and realize her shallowness but instead, the other characters were constantly apologizing to her. She behaved like a teenage girl through-out the entire book, there was no development.

There were a lot of over-dramatized exclamations used (ex. "as if!") that made the dialog less natural, especially for 2013.

If you are looking for a beach-read, something light to pass the time, this is the book for you. If you are looking for a unique story with substance, this will likely be a disappointment.