cynicalreader

Cynical Reader

Give me a happily-ever-after fairy-tale and I'll fight you every step of the way, but give me a tragic, grief-ridden story and I'll let it consume me.

The Crown of Embers - Rae Carson Forget Christian Grey (or whatever his name is), I'm not settling down until I find a guy like Hector. Yes, I think I'm in love with a fictional character!

2nd read
I've put my heart in this book's pages twice now, and it has completely shattered me both times. You think it won't be as emotional the second time around, but it really is.

Rae Carson does romance right. Honestly I don't know if I believe in love, but if it's out there...this is what it's like. You may ask, "what do you mean? the love in the book (between Hector and Elisa) or the love for the book?" and I say "BOTH"

1st read
I don't remember the last time a book had me this invested in the characters. The ones I liked I loved, the ones I didn't I hated. I really don't have the words to describe the immense and diverse emotions I had while reading this one. Truly amazing. Very special. Maybe I can form coherent sentences later.